Grace Notes started in 2001 over a few cups of coffee and tea with 4 dedicated musician friends who had many years of chamber music experience in the local music scene. Those were the days before the Esplanade (2002) became a 'thing' in Singapore. With the passage of time, the composition of the team has evolved but not its dedication in bring the joy and enjoyment of music and music making to a vast cumulative audience over the years.
The name “Grace Notes” has many shades of meaning and we have used the following as core values to guide us in our journey together.
- “ornamental note used to decorate or embellish melody” : Our desire is that our music will serve to enhance and fill any occasion with a sense of uniqueness and loveliness. That means that we have to give our best for every occasion!
- “music that is played with a sense of grace and poise” : We hope to dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of our craft and hope to comprehend its infinite riches with our finite selves. That means many hours of diligent practice!
- “an expression of God’s gift to Man” : We believe that music is a gracious gift from heaven. We hope that we will serve the needs beyond ourselves and grant a special favor to the people around us.
Performance Trackrecord & Portfolio
Here’s a selected list of events (not including weddings) we have performed over the years. We regret that we could not feature every performance for brevity reasons.
- Rutgers University Graduation
- DBJ (Development Bank of Japan) Singapore Limited
- SGH Orthopaedics Department Dinner
- Harvey Norman Furniture Grand Launch
- Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) Appreciation Dinner
- Swiss Life – Launch of Singapore Office
- Marketing Institute of Singapore (MIS) 35th Anniversary Dinner (Mr Teo Ser Luck – GOH)
- JP Morgan @ Singapore Flyer
- SAFRA 35th Anniversary Celebration Dinner (Mr Teo Chee Hian guest of honour)
- Singapore Mediation Centre 10th Anniversary Luncheon (Aug 2007)Automobile Association of Singapore Golf Charity Dinner (SM Goh Chok Tong - GOH)
- Singapore Island Country Club New Year’s Eve Countdown Party
- World Civil Aviation Chief Executives Forum @ Asian Civilization Museum
- NATAS Book Launch and Christmas Function @ Singapore Arts Museum
- HSBC Insurance Awards Night @ ShangriLa Hotel
- General Practitioner Dinner for Singapore General Hospital @ SGH
- MINDS (Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore) 40th Anniversary Gala Dinner
In addition to these, we have also participated in neighbourhood arts outreach events to bring string music to the masses. Of course, not the least the many wedding ceremonies and dinners whom we have been blessed to witness and share.