Homegrown in Singapore, GraceNotes began in our very own backyard between four university friends with a love for the string quartet. Those were the days before the Esplanade became a 'thing' in Singapore. With the passage of time, the string quartet team has evolved to explore more diversity in chamber music. Our dedication to bring the joy of music to our audience has remained steadfast.
“Grace Notes” has many shades of meaning and these core values has guided our musical journeys.
- “ornamental note used to decorate or embellish melody” : Our desire is that our music will serve to enhance and fill any occasion with a sense of uniqueness and loveliness. That means that we have to give our best for every occasion!
- “music that is played with a sense of grace and poise” : We hope to dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of our craft and hope to comprehend its infinite riches with our finite selves. That means many hours of diligent practice!
- “an expression of God’s gift to Man” : We believe that music is a gracious gift from heaven. We hope that we will serve the needs beyond ourselves and grant a special favor to the people around us.
" You strum away on your harps like David and improvise on musical instruments." Amos 6:5
Performance Trackrecord & Portfolio
Here’s a selected list of events (not including weddings) we have performed. We regret that we could not feature every performance for brevity reasons.
- Rutgers University Graduation
- DBJ (Development Bank of Japan) Singapore Limited
- SGH Orthopaedics Department Dinner
- Harvey Norman Furniture Grand Launch
- Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) Appreciation Dinner
- Swiss Life – Launch of Singapore Office
- Marketing Institute of Singapore (MIS) 35th Anniversary Dinner (Mr Teo Ser Luck – GOH)
- JP Morgan @ Singapore Flyer
- SAFRA 35th Anniversary Celebration Dinner (Mr Teo Chee Hian guest of honour)
- Singapore Mediation Centre 10th Anniversary Luncheon (Aug 2007)Automobile Association of Singapore Golf Charity Dinner (SM Goh Chok Tong - GOH)
- Singapore Island Country Club New Year’s Eve Countdown Party
- World Civil Aviation Chief Executives Forum @ Asian Civilization Museum
- NATAS Book Launch and Christmas Function @ Singapore Arts Museum
- HSBC Insurance Awards Night @ ShangriLa Hotel
- General Practitioner Dinner for Singapore General Hospital @ SGH
- MINDS (Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore) 40th Anniversary Gala Dinner
In addition to these, we have also participated in neighbourhood arts outreach events to bring string music to the masses. Of course, not the least the many wedding ceremonies and dinners whom we have been blessed to witness and share.